You can easily add attachments to your discussion posts. Here is the procedure, using an image as the attachment.
- After typing the text portion of the post into the editor window, click on the Attach button at the bottom of the window.
- Next, locate the file on your local computer that you want to attach. Notice there is a 3-item limit. It’s a very good idea to put a description in the box to make your posting accessible.
- Click on the Post after attaching the files you wish.
One thing to be aware of when adding attachments to posts: only images and media files appear embedded (inline) the posting. Other attachment types will come in as something students can download onto their own computers before opening.
Allowable Extension Types
Etudes is lenient with regard to types of filenames that you can attach to messages, assignments, etc.
File types which are NOT allowed include: .exe, .bat, .pif, .bin.
You can attach up to 3 attachments maximum per post. The default file size limit is 100MB per topic.
Instructors can edit or delete student posts. Occasionally a student will post an image that is so large that it takes up more screen space than is available, causing viewers to scroll back and forth in the entire discussion list. In this case the instructor would be best off editing the post to remove or shrink the size of the attached image. You might want to ask the student to repost after resizing the image.
If you’d like to remove an image attachment, follow these steps:
- Click on the edit button at the top right of the post.
- Scroll down to the attachments area.
Click on the Remove link and then Post. That will get rid of the image.
Images should probably be no wider than about 600 pixels wide to avoid horizontal scrolling. For older computer systems with low monitor resolution, images may need to be no wider than 350 pixels. The recommended minimum screen resolution is 1024 X 768.