Note: The following colleges are authenticated for embedding Films on Demand videos in Etudes: El Camino College, Hartnell College, Foothill College, East Los Angeles College, Los Angeles City College, Mendocino College, San Joaquin Delta College, College of Siskiyous, and West Los Angeles College. If your college subscribes to Films On Demand, contact us to get your campus integrated.
To obtain the “Embed Code(Best for LMS)” embed code for a Films On Demand video title and use it in your Etudes courses do the following:
- Access your institution’s Films On Demand account.
- Navigate to a video title.
- Within the video display page (the page within which the video plays), click on the <Embed> link that is listed below the video player.
- Copy the listed “Embed Code(Best for LMS) – Full title” embed code format.
- Go to the area of Etudes where you want to include the video. With the editor open, place your cursor in the location where you want to insert the video, and click on the embed media icon of the editor and paste it.[You will not see anything in the compose view of the editor, but it will be visible and will pay in the student view].
- Students will then be able to play the embedded video title, regardless if they are on-campus or off-campus, WITHOUT receiving a Films On Demand login screen.
You may embed Films on Demand anywhere in your Etudes content where you have access to the editor (i.e. Home, Announcements, Discussions, Syllabus, Assignments, etc.). You can use the embed media icon of the editor, or you can paste the embed code under “source” of the editor.