For best experience with Etudes, the recommended browser for Mac users is Firefox. Google Chrome and Safari are also supported. Firefox requires OSX.3 or higher.
All browsers are available as free downloads. Make sure you are using a recent version!
- Get Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html (look for English for the Mac)
- Get Google Chrome for the Mac: https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/?hl=en&platform=mac&brand=CHFJ
- Get Safari: http://support.apple.com/downloads/#safari
- Netscape, Opera, and any other browsers that are not listed here are not recommended.
- We do not conduct Quality Assurance (QA) testing with Safari or Camino and thus do not recommend these browsers. We do not support them. For a reliable, trouble-free experience in your Etudes courses, please use Firefox or Google Chrome. If you don’t, you are taking a risk.
Instructions for AOL and CompuServe Subscribers
AOL and CompuServe (AOL/CS) software includes an integrated browser-like feature that does not provide full access to the Internet. Students MUST minimize the AOL/CS Browser once their Internet connection is established and open one of the supported browsers. Do NOT attempt to use the AOL/CS versions of Netscape or Internet Explorer.
You must download a separate, complete, independent version of Internet Explorer. This will alleviate frustration associated with many known problems caused by the AOL/CS quasi-browser and its inherent inability to access to a significant percent of the World Wide Web.