To embed audio files in Etudes, you have two options:
- Creating a hyperlink to an Audio file (audio file opens and plays in a new window)
Embedding an audio file in your content (audio player bar shows within your content).
Before beginning to work with audio files in Etudes, do the following:
Creating a Hyperlink to an Audio File
Type a Title for your Audio File and/or Insert an Image for your audio file using the Insert Image Button of the editor:
Listen to this music file
If you don’t have an audio image, you can use the above. Just add the following image URL in the insert image dialog box:
(For more help, see the tutorial on Inserting Images Using CK Editor).
Make the Title of the audio file and/or the Image a Hyperlink so that when clicked, it will open the audio file in a new browser window.
To create the hyperlink, follow these steps:
- Highlight the text (and image, if you use one) that you’d like to make a hyperlink.
- Click on the hyperlink icon in the editor.
Highlight the text or image that you wish to make a Hyperlink.
Enter the URL of the audio file that you want to link out to. Test your publisher’s audio file first in a separate browser window to make sure it plays, and poses no restrictions.
- Click on OK.
- The image and/or text in your editor will now be a hot link. You can test it in the Student or Preview Views.
Embedding an Audio File in the Etudes Editor
- Create your Embed Code:
a. Locate and copy the URL of the audio file… It will now be on your Clipboard.
Note: If your audio file does not have a URL (i.e. it’s a sound file on your computer), you can upload it to Resources where Etudes will assign it a URL. Then, copy the URL from Etudes and proceed as directed below. Remember that your files cannot be larger than 100 MB.
b. Next, Insert the URL into the following HTML 5 embed code for playing audio on the web:
<source src=”Paste your Audio File URL here” type=”audio/mpeg”>
Note: Copy the audio controls code from this text file to avoid copying styles from this website.
c. Next, Copy the embed code you just created to your Clipboard.
- Place your cursor in your content in the Editor’s Text Window where you would like to insert the Audio Player.
- Click on the Insert Media Icon in the editor’s toolbar.
- An “Embed Media Dialog” box will appear. Paste the Embed Code of your Audio File and click on OK.
- Preview your content and test the player. This is how it will look in your content.