Accommodating students with learning disabilities just got easier!
Accommodate HQ is an LTI (Learning Tool Interoperability) external application that integrates tightly with Canvas Learning Management System (LMS). Installed in ALL the courses in your organization’s Canvas instance, it offers instructors the ability to accommodate learners’ special needs for additional time, days, or tries more easily, monitor permissions granted.
As the number of individuals being diagnosed with learning disabilities has increased, so have the understanding and utilization of universal design and technological strategies for accommodation. There are a number of things instructors can do while designing and planning a course to make it more accessible to all students, including those with learning disabilities. Choosing the right technological tools can further help instructors accommodate students.
This is where Accommodate HQ is a critical component of your academic programs and Canvas courses!
Grant special access to one or more students on an assignment, quiz, survey, or discussion from a central location, via the Accommodate HQ app, without having to open every single course assignment.
From a single location, you can:
– Extend due dates, available from and allow until dates.
– Open items earlier or later for select students.
– Remove deadlines completely to accommodate learners.
Accommodate the needs of different students, by entering unique dates for individuals or groups.
Adjust-All HQ gives instructors the ability to grant special access to one or more students globally. With one adjustment, students can get accommodated in all assignments, quizzes and discussions in the course at once.
– Ability to extend the time limit in all (or select) quizzes for one or more students at once.
– Ability to allow more tries in all (or select) quizzes for one or more students at once.
Other functionality supported includes:
– Accommodate different students, by entering unique dates for individuals or groups.
– Easily remove or adjust the special access given, at any time. You are not locked to established dates.
– Review who has been granted special access to course materials from one page.
– Remove special access for one or more students after a specific period of time.
– Adjust the dates for “Everyone Else” for all assignments, quizzes, and discussions, if needed.
Accommodate HQ works from within the Canvas mobile app. Instructors can grant special access to students from their phones.
Accommodate HQ is made responsive, reliable, and available by:
– running in the world’s best Cloud infrastructure, Amazon Web Services.
– being backed by redundant auto-scaling services, so it’s very responsive.
– being built using the latest technologies, by a team with years of experience delivering cloud based services to online educators.
As a non-profit corporation, Etudes, Inc. can offer education applications at low-cost, stable pricing. Our only constituents are you, the educators, and your students using our services and technologies.
Interested in letting your instructors give Accommodate HQ a try?
This is not a limited trial. You get to try the actual tool. Once installed in your Canvas, Accommodate HQ is available in all the courses in your system. It is listed with a link titled “Accommodate HQ” on the left menu. Not visible to students.