CourseEval HQ is an LTI external application that integrates tightly with the Canvas learning platform and provides an easy-to-use and powerful course evaluation functionality. It offers efficient creation and distribution of student evaluations campus-wide, within a division, or a single course.
It offers the most efficient way to set up student evaluations in Canvas.
Each term, when performing faculty evaluations, you need a tool that. . .
– sits right in your learning management system
– is quick and easy to use
– maintains complete confidentiality of responses
– helps achieve high response rates
– automatically compiles and distributes evaluation results
– download statistics and raw survey results for analysis
And it would be nice if it were affordable, too.
Installed in under 5 minutes, CourseEval HQ enables you to:
– create your course evaluation surveys
– distribute evaluations to one or more courses at a time
– monitor evaluation progress
Once distributed, a customizable “Course Evaluation” link shows up in the course menu in Canvas. Students click on the link to take the survey. When the survey period closes, a list of authorized recipients are emailed the results.
It is that simple.
A single standard course evaluation survey can be designed and distributed campus-wide. Or, if different departments within an institution use different course evaluation surveys, unique ones for each department, division, or school can be designed. You may also import an authored survey in text format.
Many likert-scale and other survey questions are built-in the tool. Custom questions can be authored easily to match your campus survey. You may check an option to allow students to add comments to objective questions.
Once a survey is created it can be redistributed to new courses every term. All you need to adjust is the delivery dates, recipient of results, or observers.
CourseEval HQ enables you to:
– distribute surveys to multiple courses (or sections) at once from a dashboard
– limit the survey to only officially registered students
– post multiple surveys in a course.
– distribute to ALL courses in a term or to a large batch using a CSV file.
– set default preferences for your institution to apply to all distributed surveys.
– monitor status of surveys, as they are being set up and completed by students.
– email results automatically to authorized recipients (printable PDF format).
– send results to teachers when the survey closes or on a specific date.
– when adding surveys, you may also add “observers” to courses for a specific period for classroom visitations. They are removed when the end date arrives.
CourseEval HQ assures confidentiality by
– keeping survey responses anonymous. Results are compiled, but individual responses are never identified.
– keeping survey responses and results confidential. Only designated recipients have access to evaluation results.
– Course instructors, while kept informed of the progress of the evaluation survey, have no direct access to survey results or individual responses.
CourseEval HQ gains its ease of use by a deep integration with Canvas:
– Terms, courses, and rosters are picked up from your Canvas (no file uploads!).
– Students and instructors are notified via Canvas mail about upcoming surveys.
– Links to surveys are added automatically to the navigation of courses scheduled for evaluation. Announcements, assignments and modules may also automatically be added to courses, and removed when the surveys closes.
– Observers are added to courses and then removed, as per your access dates.
Conveniently download, analyze, print and distribute the response rate across all evaluated courses for a term in a CSV file.
CourseEval HQ works from within the Canvas student mobile app.
Students can complete their course evaluations from their phones.
The survey can also be completed via a mobile browser, in Canvas.
CourseEval HQ is made responsive, reliable, and available by
– running in the world’s best Cloud infrastructure, Amazon Web Services.
– being backed by redundant auto-scaling services, it is responsive.
– being built using the latest technologies, by a team with years of experience delivering cloud-based services to online educators.
– creating a Module in the course automatically, which can be made required, so that students must visit the survey before continuing with other coursework.
– including the survey in an assignment. This adds the survey in the calendar and activity stream, making it easier for students to not miss the survey.
– posting an announcement about the survey, automatically.
– sending reminders to students in all courses being evaluated with one click!
“As the Dean of Foothill Online Learning, I was tremendously relieved to find a perfect solution to our need to administer confidential course evaluation surveys for students enrolled in online courses. The features of CourseEval HQ that I most appreciate are ease of use and setup, automated distribution of results via email, response-rate reporting, and affordability. We piloted CourseEval HQ at Foothill College during our 2016 Summer Session with resounding success. This tool has been designed with meticulous care, based on input from faculty.”
–Dr. Judy Baker
As a non-profit corporation, Etudes, Inc. can offer education software applications at low-cost, stable pricing. Our only constituents are you, the educators, and your students using our services and technologies.
Interested in a free trial?
This is not a limited trial. You get to try the complete application in actual courses for student evaluations. If you prefer, you can install it in a beta or test instance of Canvas, following the subscription steps. You’ll be up and running in 5 minutes.
Give CourseEval HQ a spin. A trial is the best way to check out the application.